My heart's desire is for you to realize how valuable and precious you are, to know that you are a dream of God come true. While raising six children, I have had to depend on the Lord to give me certain nuggets of truth and insights into being a child of God. I would love to share these nuggets with you, hopefully bringing you closer to Him and a life filled with joy and peace.
1. I can "take" alot silently and with a smile on my face. I am stronger than I give myself credit for. I can bear great burdens.
2. Having said #1, I've also learned that sometimes you just have to speak up! And when you do, it won't be as devastating as you think. People may even listen and take heed.
3. I hate the signs of being 50, but I'm not yet motivated enough to do something about it! I tell myself every day that I will get back to the gym. I have really procrastinated about this. I promise to do better in 2011.
4. I have learned that just because my kids have grown and left the house, I worry about them NO less.
5. I know that I know that I know that I want to work out of my home office and not go to a "job" anymore. I mean no disrespect if any of my co-workers read this. I have been going to work since I was 15 and I'm just "done" with that!
6. Getting out with girlfriends, laughing til we can't even remember why we're laughing, crying together cause we miss our mom's...these things bring me back home filled up and content.
7. I have now reached the age that if I see someone being unkind, I don't even check to see who's looking, I will jump into action. My kids tease, "You better watch out or my Mom will put a boot in your a**".
8. I've learned that many people trust in my advice and that's very sobering.
9. I've decided that it's okay with me if people don't like me for who I am. I'm no longer a people pleaser! Although I'm still a people lover and I try, every day, to live a "there you are" vs "here I am" existence.
10. I am restless. I always get this way when God is about to lead me to embark on a new journey...very very restless. It's like a knowing that something's coming my way, but not knowing what that something is. I can't wait to find out!
What are some of the things that you have learned about yourself this past year that you will take with you into 2011? Let me know!