Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Planned Spontaneity

So here we are...2011.  I can't help but think of the new friends I made last year, the goals that I accomplished and some that I didn't accomplish, the joys and the sadness.  When I think of what I didn't know then...what things would be happening in the coming year...it makes me wonder what's to come in 2011 that I'm not able to foresee.  This year I've decided to engage in 2 entirely different ways of going about my life.

The first is a very deliberate planned out way of approaching goals.  It's hard to see goals come to fruition if you don't establish them, write them down and have steps on how to accomplish those goals.  They will just float around out there in no man's land without a snowball's chance in heck of happening.  So, I have made a list of things that I want to see come to pass and then I have envisioned just what steps I need to take to work towards my goals.

My second approach to this year is going to be just the opposite.  I vow to be very spontaneous and on the lookout for the unexpected!  As I am busy working on the completion of set goals, if some occasion arises, or an unexpected phone call from girlfriends comes, I will drop what I'm doing and join in the fun.  I refuse to be so busy making life happen that I let life pass me by without noticing!

I have also chosen three words to focus on in 2011, compliments of Tim Milburn.  Mine are 1. HOPE, because without it, you can't have faith...and I lost hope on a couple of things last year and 2. INVIGORATE, because I feel like I became deflated and lost my energy last year and 3. POUR, because this year I want to pour myself into people like never before!  I will look for opportunities to bless someone, from a smile to a hug to a need they may have.  I have found that when I feel like I don't have anything to give and I give anyway, it feels like pure heaven!

So, what have you planned out for 2011?  Are there specific things you want to accomplish?  Are there relationships you want to concentrate on and grow?  Are there fun, bucket list type things you want to do?  How will you make sure they happen?  Will you take time out with family and friends just to treasure the most precious people in your life?  I'd love to hear about your plans!


1 comment:

  1. Erin - thank you for continuing to blog. I love your posts. As good of a communicator as you are verbally, I realize your particular giftedness is writing!

    OK - I decided not to make resolutions or set goals for this year. They tend to leave me feeling a bit deflated when I have failings. However - what I AM doing is stating three things I would LIKE to do this year. And I am telling everyone! So - thanks for asking!

    1. Give away more money and time to those in need.
    2. Spend more time with family and friends
    3. Simplify, simplify, simplify.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for giving us a little nugget of truth from your heart!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...