Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Ring on My Thumb

Always.  Everyday.  I want to feel His presence.
So will I remember to ask Him to walk with me today?
How can I forget how sweet it is to brush shoulders as we walk together...my Lord and I?
I oft feel His hand on my cheek, sometimes brushing away a tear.
How can the God who created the universe walk so close, be so near?
Sometimes, we say nothing.  But there are those days when I pour out the hurts that fill my aching heart.  Pour them out to Him who washes away the ache and bathes me in His glory.
Our sweetest times are when the gratitude for His grace and mercy fills me to the point that it has to spill out. In these moments, praise and thanksgiving erupts from the altar of my heart and escapes my lips as a song.
I've made my heart an altar.  An altar to Him who listens, who speaks.  An altar to Him who asks me into His throne room and lets this daughter climb up on His lap.  Lets me lean my weary head against His chest.  So close.
How could I not want to tarry there? Always?  Everyday?
When I rise and when I sleep and those moments in between, will I pause, will I listen for His still small voice?
Will I look into the eyes of those around me and see Him in their lives, His presence there to bless all who would stop and take note?
I wear His ring on my right hand.  The ring on the thumb, it doesn't feel natural. I always feel it, notice it, touch it.  It's there to remind me, "Have you thought about Him today?"
Always.  Everyday.  I want to feel His presence.


From His lap,



11 comments:

  1. This is very beautiful and deeply felt. I enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing.
    Ps. You have gorgeous hands as well... I use to wear a thumb ring. Kudos to Empire Avenue for leading me to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, David! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
      Blessings,
      ~Erin

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful, Erin. Thanks for sharing it with me. I like the intentionality of inviting Him into all parts of life. Even though He is with us and in us always, sometimes when He stays quietly in the background and allows us to attempt life solo, we forget He is there. I like ring on your thumb reminder. Maybe if I had such a reminder I wouldn't have eaten 1/2 dozen scoops of cookie dough tonight.
    Love you!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, He seems to be quietly in the background so that we will search for Him! He wants us to desire Him!
      Blessings,
      ~Erin

      Delete
  3. I love you and your amazing writings!
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious Erin....You are talented. :) Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true!!! Your walk with the Lord inspires and blesses me.

    Love you Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! The design of your ring is awesome!! Really liked your post and enjoyed reading the whole blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for giving us a little nugget of truth from your heart!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...