Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Holiday Wish For You

I have had a season of pressing into God, staying on His lap or right by His side.  If you had been watching me you would have thought I was walking through life as usual.  But somehow, He has given me the grace to go through the motions of life, all the while, never leaving His presence.  There are times when He will call you to Him for deep fellowship.  He knows what you are going through or what you are about to go through and He desires for you to get everything you need to be victorious, from Him.

Even in the toughest of times we can experience a deep joy that is unshaken.  This past year, I went through something that shook me to my very core and threatened to crack my foundation.  It is not anything that I am able to share at this point, but suffice it to say, at a time when I felt so completely alone and desolate, He called me to His side and stayed with me, literally walking out my days with me.  I felt His presence with every step and every breath I took.  He never left me alone nor forsaken.  I now know what "joy unspeakable" means.  At a time when there was no joy to be found (to the human eye), I was flooded with it.  When terror and anger and confusion would try to clutch at my heart with full on attack, I breathed in the very essence of Him...peace, joy, calm and love would flood in and chase away anything that was not of Him.

As the holidays are approaching, so many people struggle to find meaning and purpose, to know why they are supposed to be celebrating, searching for a reason to smile.  I'm here to tell you, if that is you, your reason for celebrating and smiling is that someone loves you so much that He longs to spend time with you everyday!  He waits for you to call on Him.  He makes beautiful things out of what we see as ugly and wrong!  He has blessings He wants to bestow on you that you can't even imagine!

This is my holiday wish for you.  I would encourage you to rise up, lift your arms to Him, and let Him love on you, give you a reason to smile and turn your hurts into something beautiful and whole.  Walk through the holidays with hope and peace and when you feel alone, go to Him and sit a while.  His grace and mercy will rain down on you and fill you with that "unspeakable joy". Don't ever doubt how precious and valuable you are to Him.  He is a place of safety and joy where He takes those things meant for your destruction and turns them into beautiful things for you.  I know this because I have seen Him do it in my life.

I would like for you to turn off the music player at the top right hand of this page so that you can listen to the video posted here.  It is a song by Gungor, called Beautiful Things.




Today I am linking up with Shanda Oakley over at A Pause Along the Path.  Hop on over there to see what others are saying about what God is doing in their lives!


From His lap,

24 comments:

  1. Love Gungor's song. I am dust...but He made something beautiful out of me...and He chooses to see me as "good." Not "good enough" -- just "good." Thanks for that reminder. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for introducing me to this song. That God could make something beautiful out of this dust that I am is a profound and humbling mystery.

    Glad I found you today. I appreciate your heart for "helping others realize that they are a dream of God come true". Blessings to you and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Erin. There is something so special about faith that can be with us no matter what is going on in the outside world. Thank you for sharing your faith with us. Your words are very comforting!! Much love to you my dear friend! I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erin - I went through a season like that. I felt I could not breathe, but God also went before me and along side me and today, I can say, without Him I would not have come through. With Him i am a conqueror. Great post and if you ever need prayer, no explanation, just ask. I will pray
    God bless
    Tracy
    Your blog is something God is using to touch the lives of others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had that season of the breath taken right of me, you know. And God was right there with me all the time, but especially at my pond :) Only with God could we feel deep joy when the circumstances do not change. Praise God!!!
    My younger son (18) plays in the worship band at church and this song, Beautiful Things is one they play. Very nice!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TJ,
    Michael Gungor is my pastor's son! You should hear him lead praise & worship. It is amazing!
    Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angel,
    I'm so honored that you stopped by & grateful that my post blessed you! Isn't it wonderful how God can make beautiful things out of us?!
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. You too, Kathy! I know Thanksgiving will be very special at your house!! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words.
    Hugs!
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tracy,
    I'm so glad to hear that you came through your situation in victory! Our God is so faithful to us! I know that I can come to you for prayer anytime!! Thank you so much for what you said about my blog. You don't know how much that means to me!
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristin,
    I know just how that feels. When the ground is shaking under us, He holds us with His steady hand.
    Michael Gungor is our pastor's son and we are often blessed to have him lead praise and worship at our church. It's wonderful!
    Happy Thanksgiving with your beautiful family!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erin, what a beautiful holiday wish. I love the description "joy unspeakable". I can feel pain and not see it for what it is or how it affects those around me but I'm convinced those deep places of hurt are fully visible to God. When I let Him touch and heal and speak love into me, is what I'm understanding joy unspeakable to be. Like breath of life. My computer's audio wasn't working so I couldn't hear the song this time, but I'll be back for it. Thanks for this encouraging word!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jinnia,
    Thank you so much for sharing that with us. It is beautiful! I know you will love the song. It was written and performed by our pastor's son, Michael Gungor and his band.
    I pray you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  13. It has been a privilege to see you walk this year with unimaginable dignity and grace in the face of such a storm. Thank you, Lord for your graciousness!
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so thankful that you found comfort in God. As always--wonderful post :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! So glad I recently found your blog, you have been such an encouragement. Thank you and God bless you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. His grace and mercy will rain down on you and fill you with that "unspeakable joy". Wow, just the thought of that! Your posts always encourage me Erin. Thank you!!
    Have a great Thanksgiving! Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dianne,
    It has been good to be able to have you to walk through this with me! You bless me all the time!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Love you!
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Elisabeth,
    Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sheila,
    I'm so honored that you are reading my blog. I hope that it blesses you. Stop by anytime for a little rest and encouragement!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chelle,
    I always love when you stop by and share with us! I'm so glad that I could encourage you!
    Have a wondermous Thanksgiving!
    Hugs,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this song. I don't know if I have one post that specifically tells my story of how God is working in my life, to link up. But God is for sure active and hard at work on me. I don't even recognize myself anymore...compared to the person I was a decade ago. I'm so grateful to God for the trials my family has endured over the years. If not for those trials, I wouldn't know the first thing about the true joy that can only come through a deep relationship with Christ.

    You know, Erin...our minds must be very in sync lately. I read this post last night, after spending hours yesterday writing the section of my book on Finding Joy in the midst of our trials. God seems to keep using your words for confirmation on the project I'm working on. How cool is that?! :-)

    A big hug to you, dear friend.
    I love you,
    Rosann

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is a beautiful wish. This last 1 1/2 years have been the hardest of my life and I have been shaken by things I never thought would even move. So I understand totally. I am guarding your wish in my heart and praying the same blessings over your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rosann,
    We are in sync, sister! It's wonderful how God has knit our hearts together! I'm so glad that God has moved in your life so abundantly. It is evident that He has His hand on you!!
    Happy Thanksgiving!!
    I love you!
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, Shanda, I know you've had such a tough year and you yet you continue to be an inspiration to us all! You always encourage and uplift in your writings and it is a blessing to know you. Thank you for lifting me up in prayer. I am praying for you, also!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for giving us a little nugget of truth from your heart!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...