Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

The Fruit at the End

Yesterday our pastor was talking about a transition that our church is making.  Change is always difficult for some people, in fact, sometimes they run from it.  He spoke of new ideas being birthed out of nothing, sometimes, causing momentary chaos.  From there, order and separation takes place, which causes "fruit" or life to happen.  If you don't like change, you can become disgruntled or discouraged and leave before being able to partake of the fruit.

So if you are sensing change in some area of your life; work, housing, relationships...don't let emotion cause you to miss out on a blessing.  If you stay the course and take the necessary steps, you might be surprised by the outcome.   Don't succumb to griping and complaining, don't become one of the naysayers and miss out on the new life that is birthed!  If you dig in and become a part of making order out of the chaos, separating things and placing them where they belong, you will find you have something new to be thankful for!

My list of 1,000 things is growing and I'm living a life of gratitude!

94.   The changing of 110 degree days to the coolness of autumn.
95.   My husband telling me this morning that he would marry me all over again.
96.   My daughter getting to visit with my dad and his wife as they
        traveled through Florida yesterday.Children spending time with
        grandparents never gets old!
97.   Another grandchild who will arrive in March.
98.   The people in my photography group who have taught me so much without
        EVER making me feel stupid or clumsy.  They even praise my work!
99.   Spending the morning with my daughter in her adorable new apartment,
        sharing in her excitment, watching her face beam as she showed me every
        little detail.
100. Watching two dear people take their wedding vows and celebrating with them
        as they start their journey together.

Stop over at Ann Voskamp's site and see what others are saying they are thankful for!



From His Lap,

26 comments:

  1. My dilemma is I WANT change and right now! :o) We're getting ready to sell our big home and want to move into a smaller home closer to work and school...I worry too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how that feels, Becky! The perfect buyer will come along. I can't wait to hear all about it and for pics of the new house when you move!!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for another terrific post on your journey! Me, I look forward to change - it keeps life exciting & fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, Donna!! I've seen some be so stubborn and refuse it, causing them to miss a blessing.
    Thank you for your faithfulness and for stopping by. You always encourage me.
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Erin, something I really needed to hear/read today. I'm going thru some changes that are a little stressful on our family right now but I know running from it or ignoring it won't resolve anything. Thanks for sharing this post.

    Stopping by from VB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so true. Just the other day I was thinking about how much I had grown in that sense (thankfully). I think when we are younger we often dread change but as life progresses we start to embrace it as an opportunity! Change is never scary if one is prepared and has faith.

    Ali from VB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary,
    Thanks so much for stopping by. Don't you just love voiceBoks! I hope that the change your family is going through will bring you much joy in the end!!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alison,
    I'm so glad you came by. Isn't it wonderful to know that you have grown in a certain area. I try to look at all change as an opporunity to be blessed!
    Hugs,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so true, we just need to be patient, It takes a long time for that bud to become a beautiful piece of fruit. Blessings Erin!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheryl,
    Thank you so much for stopping by. That's a good way to look at change, from a bud to a piece of fruit!!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh erin, your posts always encourage me.
    throughout my life, i've had to take on and deal with many changes...some expected and unexpected. in my most recent years, especially the past few months...i've been dealing with the concept of a big change. some questions have turned to answers and some i still fight with. i know that in the end God will point us in the right direction...and I hope and pray it's soon.
    lots of love to you!!
    xoxoxo
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maria,
    I have been watching you during your journey and you are walking it with dignity and grace and staying close the God, which is the most important thing! You are a beautiful and kind soul!
    Hugs,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's funny...our church has also been discussing the possibility of a big change in the future {breaking away from Presbyterian denomination} and it seems to make so many people squirm. I always love these grateful posts from you. It's a beautiful reminder that I have so much to be thankful for and it always sends me back to my "blessings journal." Whenever I switch my focus from the storm and set my eyes on the blessings through the storm, God fills me with peace and comfort.

    Blessings and love,
    Rosann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rosann,
    I think we just get comfortable in the way things are, and then we become complacent and are not able to grow anymore; which is okay, God will still love us. But we could receive so much more blessing by allowing growth!
    Love you!
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Erin I just adored reading this. Blessings abound & you sure know God's Love & His Blessings. God Bless Erin.
    Krissy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Change is one of the hardest things in life to accept, and yet we must if we hope to grow. Lovely article. :-) Patti

    ReplyDelete
  17. Krissy,
    Thank you so much for stopping by and for your kind words. You are always so encouraging!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amen, Patti!
    Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Change is always welcome, but sometimes very stressful! When anxiety attacks, it's always a welcome release to talk to God and pray to let things happen as He has planned. It certainly helps me to embrace it and promote it! :)

    Blessings Erin!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, Denise! You're right. Talking to Him always makes things bearable!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Girl, I have missed you.....So glad to be back blogging...

    That word change....some of us love it and some of us don't.....I tend to like change but often I get impatient if it doesn't happen quick enough....God is teaching me to trust Him that all things will happen in His good time....

    Hugs and blessings,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nancy, dear sister, I'm so glad your back. I know you've been through a lot and you are an inspiration to me!! I'll be checking on you!
    Love,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a sweet list! I enjoyed reading it. It left me smiling :)

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Change is never easy and sometimes unexpected. Nowadays, I just embrace the change that God wants to put forth in my life with regards to my family and friends. I trust that He will lead me into the right path.
    Great post. Thanks again for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kristin,
    I'm learning more every day about being grateful for the gifts God has given me!!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  26. Barbara,
    It does seem as if we are more open to change, the longer we walk with Him. I'm so glad you stopped by.
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for giving us a little nugget of truth from your heart!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...